Cosmetic & Skincare - Analytical Laboratory Supervisor
POSITION PURPOSE (RESPONSIBILITY)
Supervise the operation of the analytical laboratory ensuring qualified trained personnel carry out timely testing of raw materials, stability samples, bulk and finished products in compliance with all regulatory standards for Cosmetic, Skincare and OTC products (e.g. anti-acne, Sunscreens, etc).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Setup platform whereby each employee is familiar with the individual daily expectations of workload that needs to be completed. Monitor daily to deal with external issues that that interfere with schedules.
- Staff selection incorporating the correct balance with qualification and experience, training, personal development, performance evaluation; help resolve any personal issues relating to work.
- Review of daily instrument calibration and verifications, review of logbooks or designate chemist to do so.
- Review testing with R&D, schedule workload, review OOS
- Problem solve with colleagues regarding OOS results, discuss additional testing, operation of equipment, meeting to share ideas. CAPA responsibility
- Review NCRs prior to submission to Lab Manager, check calculations, possible cause with review of batch records.
- Review workload priority and staffing requirements with Manager to assure organization priorities are met and Communicate priority releases.
- Assist with quality and environmental health and safety audits
- Schedule and review quarterly monitoring of micro of facility
- Schedule maintenance services for many different types of Lab equipment.
- Interact with customers, other employees and external contractors
- Responsible for daily operation of purified water system, follow up with external contractor with scheduling and fixing any problems with system. Schedule maintenance service.
- Assist with investigation of quality issues such customer complaints, reject production, quality incidents.
- Train New Employees
- Management of the development of testing methods and protocols
- Manage chemical and consumable stocks
- Maintain USP/NF Compendia, CFR, Codex, BAM and ISO Stds
- Familiarity with US FDA 21CFR Part 210 & 211 (Drug Product) and Cosmetic GMPs is MANDATORY.
Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or related field.
GMP, GLP, Root Cause Analysis & Corrective Action Planning Tools
- Laboratory management experience preferred, with experience in Cosmetic or Pharmaceuticals desired.
- 5+ years Quality Control Analytical Lab experience with HPLC, GC, ICP-OES, UV-VIS, Karl Fischer
- Good interpersonal and written communication
- Flexible, ability to multitask and designate
- Good Organizational Skills
- Ability to Teach/ Train employees