Color Cosmetic - Sr. Chemist
Title: Sr. Color Chemist
Reports to: Director of R&D
- Formulate and facilitate development of innovative color cosmetic products, line extensions and product improvements
- Strong color matching skills
- Able to supervise, mentor, teach, and lead junior chemists in color cosmetics formulation and color matching
- Work at developing stability protocols for color products.
- Have a good understanding of the raw materials used in color cosmetics.
- Have an understanding of color regulations.
- Would have to work well with project managers/customers to develop the product forms and shade palettes they expect.
- Advise on lab equipment needs.
- Have good understanding of production equipment and their uses.
- Have the ability to work well in the production environment when necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline
- BS in Chemistry or higher in a related field
- Would be helpful to have taken some continuing education courses through industry or such as SCC or PCPC
- 5 to 10 years of formula development in make-up emulsions, lip product and powder